Get new similar jobs by email for
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN - ARUNDE...
VIP Auto is a Maine based Tires and Services Company that has been around for over 50 years. We recently sold our parts division in order to partner with the 2nd largest parts company in the business. Since the partnership we are exploding in capacity and looking for the best Automotive Talent in the market place to support our 56 locations. We are financially strong and able to offer some of the best compensation plans in the business. We are looking for people who want to be known for their quality of work and have their efforts rewarded because of it. Please check us out at vipauto.com, email Mike Schultz at mschultz @ vipauto.com or call Mike directly 207-240-7421
The Technician is responsible for productive diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A Technician is expected to comply with company safety, loss prevention, and customer service programs as well as established policies and procedures and municipal, state, and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operational Duties
· Ensures a VIP Multipoint Vehicle Inspection is completed on every vehicle serviced and returned to the Service Desk prior to initiating service on the vehicle
· Participates and supports in an active role with the Inspect, Inform and Educate Program
· Ensures a valid Service Work Order is visibly displayed with the vehicle while it is being serviced
· Ensures the Service Work Order and any required printouts are completed and returned to the Service Desk with the vehicle keys upon completion of service
· Obtains needed parts through Service Manager, Service Writer, Retail Management or Retail Sales Associate personnel only
· Returns all unused parts to Service Management or Retail personnel after the completion of service
· Returns rebuilt parts cores, batteries and used tires to designated security areas for appropriate handling
· Maintains average productive "billed labor hours" equivalent to 70% of hours worked during any consecutive sixteen week period
· Minimizes "comeback" rate to one or less during any four week period
· Supports VIP’s Tire Program by performing general services to include tire replacement, oil changes, and related services when necessary to meet the business needs, as directed by Service Management.
2. Safety & Housekeeping Responsibilities
3. Additional Responsibilities (Performs other functions as required.)
1. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities