Get new similar jobs by email for
Multi-Media Account Executive
• Sell advertising packages and promotions that may include the Gwinnett Daily Post and other papers special sections, pre-prints and our online products.
• Be knowledgeable of the market, including competition, business categories and trends to better serve clients.
• Develop and implement strategies to increase sales and meet other objectives on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for coordinating several special publications throughout the year. Responsibilities include; planing and implementing an engaging kick-off to the staff, preparing and getting approved all sales material prior to kick-off, proposing department and individual goals, tracking sales through a visible and engaging score board, reporting progress to staff and managers and conducting a final wrap-up after the section has published. Wrap-up will include individual and department performance vs. goal, as well as any pay-outs, commissions or bonuses due to sales staff. Also any plans to make changes to next issue.
• Sell and service current customers in a consistent and professional manner.
• Prospect for new business in a consistent and professional manner.
• Regularly meet and/or exceed all assigned sales goals.
• Schedule and layout sold ads, as well as spec ads for customers using insertion ticket and layout procedures, then follow through to ensure timely and accurate proofing and payment.
• Strictly adhere to all set deadlines.
• Manage account receivables by following all billing, credit and collections policies and procedures, including reviewing weekly aging reports; timely resolution of billing issues/discrepancies.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures in relation to working with customers (both internal and external) to insure a smooth and organized work environment.
• Maintain professional and courteous interaction with all internal and external customers/clients.
• Periodically represent the newspaper at special events.
• Prompt and prepared attendance to all meetings as scheduled.
• Punctual arrival for scheduled work hours; may need to periodically stay longer than designated hours due to work volume, vacations, others out sick, etc.
• Be neat and personally groomed every day. Keep work-space neat and organized.
SKILLS/EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Minimum high school graduate, college degree preferred.
• 1+ years experience working in a sales environment.
• Ability to work professionally with the public both in person and over the phone.
• Working knowledge of PC and/or Macintosh based computers.
• Possess excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS/EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
• Working knowledge of PC and/or Macintosh based word processing and spreadsheet programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and web.
• Previous newspaper or other print media experience desirable.
EQUIPMENT USED ON A REGULAR BASIS
Telephone Computer Calculator Fax Machine Copy Machine
Outside sales reps should be able to drive to 10 – 12 in-person sales calls per day, and have no problems entering or exiting their vehicle multiple times throughout the day. Position may require occasional lifting up to 20 lbs