Position Summary: The Sales Manager is accountable for developing and maintaining relationships with major chain operators that sell beer for on and off premise consumption.
People or Process Management Responsibility:
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Achieve sales goals.
• Accomplish timely and productive execution of sales plans and promotions at retail, securing trade support
by communicating pricing and product promotions, coordinating use of product displays and point-of-sale materials, promotional events and other product promotion opportunities.
• Maintain compliance with Quality Control and product code date standards.
• Plan and conduct regular sales calls to accounts.
• Accurate inventory levels to minimize out-of-stock and out-of-code issues;
• Assess product rotation on shelf and in back room to maximize product freshness;
• Proper pricing;
• Appropriate placement and effective utilization of point of sale material;
• Product breakage return;
• Any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be at least 18 years of age or meet minimum state legal age requirements.
• Must have minimum of one (1) year of experience in outside sales.
• Must have reliable automobile transportation, maintain an acceptable driving record and valid
driver license, and maintain auto insurance coverage at least to the minimum amount specified
by the Company and state law.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers,
clients, and other employees of the organization.
• The employee must be able to lift products from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to
175 lbs. when handling keg product.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• College degree
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service; overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resource department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
AAP, EEO, M/F/H/V/D, Drug Free Workplace