Get new similar jobs by email for
· BS in accounting
· 3 plus years of solid accounting experience
· Strong technology skills; including Excel and QuickBooks
· Experience with investment partnership accounting, alternative investments and/or recording investments to FMV on a ledger
· Working knowledge of accruals, prepaids, A/P, and A/R
· Strong work ethic, detail oriented, organized, and discreet in handling confidential matters
· Ability to detect and solve problems
· Ability to manage time, prioritize, meet deadlines, multi-task, and follow through with tasks.
· Strong communication (oral and written) skills
· Ability to work in a small team oriented environment
1) Closing out books and records of management company entities. Includes recording certain activity on Quickbooks, preparing journal entries, analytical review, preparing 1099s and capital account reconciliation
2) Record investment activity to the books
3) Assist in monthly closing and reporting of fund entities
4) Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements for entities
5) Assist with both accounts payable and receivable
6) Prepare account reconciliations and work to resolve any discrepancies
7) Assist in annual fund audits
8) Tax return assistance
9) Other duties/special projects as assigned
We are a New York based boutique investment firm located in mid-town Manhattan.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.