Get new similar jobs by email for
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Responsible for maintaining, developing, and implementing one or a combination of general accounting systems. The Finance department provides management, owners and other financing sources with accurate financial reports and analysis of revenue, expense and cost trends.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION (Other duties may be assigned):
· Assist is designing and testing of SOx controls
· Maintain accounting records for accounts receivable
· Preparation of account reconciliations and accounting journal entries (prepaids, fixed assets, raw materials, various accruals, etc.)
· Assist in month-end close and consolidation process
· Schedule preparation for external auditors and creditors
· Maintain accuracy of purchase requisition process
· Perform other duties, as assigned by manager
· Must be well organized and detail oriented
· Proactive, critical thinking, combined with hands-on responsibility
· Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form and a strong desire to gain skills required for professional advancement.
· Ability to effectively work as a cross-functional team member.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meet closing requirements.
· Ability to apply accounting knowledge in performing daily activities.
· Must be dependable and team orientated.
· Must be willing to conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Experience using a fully integrated financial reporting system
· Must have a clear understanding of GAAP financial statements
· Must have Microsoft Office skills including advanced spreadsheet skills
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
· Minimum 2-4 years accounting experience required.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally work in distribution as business fluctuations warrant. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.