Accounting Manager - Higher Education
Major University located in New York City is currently seeking a qualified individual for their expanding accounting department.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible forensuring that internal controls are routinely performed; validating the integrity of the financial reporting process; assisting in ensuring the smooth operation of overall accounting operations; implementing process improvements and being involved in the upcoming systems conversion.
- Annual audit preparation
- Lead role in preparation of A-133, 403(b), audits, financial statements, PBC's and footnotes
- Assist in coordination of school audits, financial statements, PBC's and other audits as required
- Direct supervision of staff accountants
- General ledger account reconciliations including: balance sheet, accounts payable, pledge and other receivables; daily cash, etc
- Supervision of routine monthly accounting entries, performance, supervision and month-end close
- Research, summarize and dissemination of new FASB or GAAP requirements
- Remediation of management letter comments
- Remediation of internal audit findings
- Assist in implementation and development of policies and procedures related to the new ERP system
The ideal candidate should have an accounting degree and 5+ years higher education accounting experience. Prior supervisory is a must.
Top Bonus and Benefits
Starting salary is up to 105K Base
All resumes submitted MUSTbe e-mailed in Word format DIRECTLYto Trandon Associates, Inc. at the link provided below. Please include current salary requirements.
535 5thAvenue-Suite 610
New York, NY 10017