1. Main Purpose of Job:
To accurately and efficiently manage all aspects of the accounting functions relevant to the Biocair US business and to provide information and support to the global Biocair Accounting Function.
2. Main Responsibilities
- Bank reconciliation
- Sales invoice production
- VAT/Duty accounting
- Completion of reconciliation spreadsheet, production of customer and intercompany invoices, allocation of intercompany payments, investigation and resolution of variances
- Intercompany accounting
- Fixed Asset Register
- Updating the register, producing the monthly depreciation and disposal journals.
- Foreign Currency revaluations and reconciliation
- Supporting Purchase Invoice posting and Sales invoice production at peak times
- Month-end processes/reconciliations
- Completion and posting of prepayments
- Completion and posting of month-end accruals
- Carrying out and recording reconciliations for all Balance Sheet accounts
- Posting General Ledger journals directly into SAGE Line 500
- General Ledger review and variance analysis
- Completion of first-close trial balance
- Ensure all shipments are priced accurately on a timely basis
- Review the costs entered against each shipment for accuracy
- Raise Non Conformance Reports where appropriate and ensure that they are responded to within reporting deadlines
- Liaise with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure that bespoke jobs are priced accurately
- Assist with the production of quotations within the agreed turnaround time in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing team
- Review margins on an ongoing basis and highlight any jobs that fall below the agreed margin level
- Respond to customer enquiries concerning pricing
- Commercial and financial support for proposals and tenders
- Analysis of supplier costs in order to produce and track spend levels and report this data to Operations Managers and the Vice President.
State Tax Filings
- Handling all filings required by States that Biocair do business in. To include Sales and Use tax issues, each State’s Business Corporation Annual Report filings and City or Township wage/earnings report filings.
- Providing ad-hoc support to the team in the Boston office and to the VP of US Operations, in particular, as requested.