Accounts Receivable Clerk
To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment receipt and application to customer accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process credit applications and compile an approved Direct Billing list
- Invoice banquet, hotel, and all other outlets as necessary
- Identification and resolution of any invoice or payment issues
- Apply payments received
- Follow up overdue receivables on a timely basis
- Collection and courtesy calls as needed
- Prepare accounts for write-off
- Reconciliation of the accounts receivable aging report to the general ledger
- Close accounts receivable each period and print month end reports
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Attention to detail essential
- Professional phone etiquette
Required Natural Behaviors
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organizations.
- Uses diplomacy and tact to build constructive and effective relationships including during high-tension situations.
- Ability to obtain support for ideas and actions from subordinates, peers, or superiors in order to accomplish a task or goal.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Uses time efficiently and effectively to manage priorities.
- Deals with simple and complex concepts effectively.
- Shares or divides attention among several ongoing activities, projects or assignments.
- Ability to follow all policies, procedures, and regulations including but not limited to attendance, appearance, safety, and security policies.
- Ability to identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others
Required Education and Work Experience
- High School Graduate
- Associate Degree or higher preferred
- 2 years as a Accounts Receivable Clerk preferred