WESLEY ENHANCED LIVING
Philadelphia, PA 19152
$9,568.00 - $14,352.00 /year
Part Time, Employee
Relevant Work Experience:
1+ to 2 Years
High School or equivalent
Send this job to a friend
View all "WESLEY ENHANCED LIVING" jobs
The Enhanced Living Aide is responsible to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. Direct service to residents through facilitation of comprehensive recreational activity program that stimulates the interest and capabilities of residents of community, including Skilled Nursing, Personal Care and/or Dementia Care.
- Direct service to residents including but not limited to:
- Programming planning
- Facilitation of small group activities (initiation, facilitation or supervision)
- Individual coaching of residents
- Resident assessment process, as assigned
- Special projects, as assigned
- Coaches residents to discover, develop and fulfill inner purpose through mentoring and facilitation of unique and enriching program opportunities representing the six dimensions of wellness: Spiritual, Intellectual, Social, Emotional, Occupational, and Physical
- Facilitate group activities as noted on calendar of recreational activities; including discussion groups, culinary, craft, outings, etc.
- Communicates opportunities throughout facility to residents, staff and family members; encourages resident participation and involvement
- As directed by supervisor, personally reaches out to each resident on recurrent basis; uses results of coaching methodology to identify individual needs and desires
- Provide support to MDS assessment process, including completion of surveys and assessment documentation as requested
- Assist with departmental administrative functions, including supervision of volunteers, maintenance of supplies and materials, maintaining program equipment; provides suggestions for additional program ideas
- Provide transport to activities within building and on outings, as applicable
- Contribute to the Enhanced Living team initiatives as requested
Work Environment: Frequently required to manage many details within a distracting environment.
This person may be occasionally exposed to unpredictable behaviors of residents; hostile and emotionally upset residents and families.
Physical Requirements: This person is occasionally required to lift objects weighing 20 pounds and is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. This individual is frequently reaching for objects and grasping with hands. Other physical abilities that are imperative include balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, adequate fine and gross motor coordination, talking and hearing. Walking, standing, bending and sitting for extended periods.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT OUR CAREERS WEBSITE: email@example.com
Wesley Enhanced Living is a smoke free campus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is a robust, non-profit leader in retirement living services with a respected, faith-based history and a promising future. Our exceptional employees are committed to enhancing life for people who are dedicated to living, including the more than 1,200 residents throughout our Continuing Care retirement communities: Pennypack Park, Doylestown, Burholme, Upper Moreland, Brodheadsville and Stapeley.
If you are inspired by our vision to provide an enhanced life experience for our residents; if you are enthusiastic about lifelong learning; if you are seeking employment in a close-knit community where your strengths are valued and used so that you are enthusiastic about coming to work every day, then please learn more about opportunities at Wesley Enhanced Living and our communities.
We are seeking highly qualified and highly motivated candidates to fill opportunities in clinical and non-clinical positions - nursing, personal care, maintenance, and office, sales, culinary, rehabilitation, social services - and to join our staff of more than 900+ employees.
Our unique leadership initiative, our workplace culture, and our vision of lifelong learning and development for our entire staff, cultivates performance, innovation and excellence within an inspiring, rewarding work environment.
Wesley Enhanced Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to respect and value the contributions and potential of its residents and staff. Start or build a promising career with one of the leading providers in the aging services field.