This position specializes in Thermoforming Technology and works independently, using highly developed engineering expertise and project management abilities to contribute to the development and manufacturing of power tool accessory products. The primary skillset needed is blowmolding experience and secondary is plastics thermoforming.
Specific duties include:
· Lead mid to high level manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with engineering, manufacturing and other cross functional teams.
· Drive and project manage major strategic cost, quality and delivery initiatives with aggressive focus on breakthrough process and technology improvements to achieve a substantial competitive advantage.
· Lead new product development processes to support product strategy and product roadmap
· Schedule, develop agendas to facilitate and document project meetings. Track project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
· Make formal presentations regarding project status
Manufacturing / Suppliers
· Investigate and develop component material and process recommendations
· Interact with suppliers to develop product and process specifications that meet or exceed performance requirements while also achieving best in class manufacturing process capabilities.
Process Design Analysis
· Perform a wide variety of calculations and software aided analysis:
· Mechanical stress analysis, material and heat treat selection, Design of Experiments (DOE), FEMA, statistical data analysis and other engineering tools. A creative and innovative approach to problem solving is critical to be successful in this position.
· Exhibit vision and foresight to test process extremes and build a robust risk assessment analysis matrix to ensure project success.
· Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best total cost solution. Well rounded understanding of financial impacts.
Education and Experience Requirements
College graduate or equivalent with degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Engineering/Technology.
Three to five years Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering experience required to acquire sufficient background and knowledge to assume responsibilities.
Enhanced specialty skills required for Plastic Thermoforming technology applications. A minimum of 5 years education/experience are required for these skills.
Key skills in Lean and Kaizen are desirable.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
· Agility – Embraces change, domestic and international travel
· Passionate and Energetic – driven to be the best
· Entrepreneurial – Take ownership and appropriate risk, seek breakthroughs
· Drive for Results – Set plans, track progress and deliver commitments
· Team Oriented – embrace teams for overall business success
Apply at www.milwaukeetool.com