Our client is a pioneer and world leader in Power Management Technology.
The Principal Engineer, Product Engineering, follows a portfolio of products beginning in the development phase and takes full ownership of the products as they are released to manufacturing, with the responsibility for yield enhancement, quality improvement, and cost reduction.
In this position you will interface with Design, Marketing, Process, Test, Operations and Reliability Engineering to solve problems and improve the overall manufacturability of the products. You will also be responsible for feeding back to the Design Centers the manufacturing data and product learning, in order to systematically improve products, technologies, and product lines.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Customer 8D (8 Disciplines of problem solving) /RDA (Request for Device Analysis) Process, working with all relevant groups to meet customer related needs.
- Model the costing of the entire product manufacturing flow and work with the various teams on planning, implementing cost reductions and quality improvement activities on these products.
- Interpret fab, probe, final test and failure analysis data to improve yield and quality issues.
- Communicate with the various internal and external customers in regard to quality and any product related issues.
- Partner with Research and Development Engineers to ensure the reliability of new wafer fabrication techniques and processes, new silicon devices and new packaging platforms for IC and MCM.
- Partner with Failure Analysis Engineers to understand the physics of failures on IC products.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- MSEE or equivalent degree in the sciences (i.e. Chemistry, Device Physics).
- Minimum of 9 years of related experience.
- Strong understanding of IC physics, reliability, test and design methodology.
- Knowledge of the reliability principles such as FIT rate calculations, lifetime, activation energy and fail rates is desired.
- Cross Functional Team leadership experience.
- The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry best practices and procedures to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to determine root cause of a technical issue and implement corrective action.
- Ability to work with various organizations with new product introduction and process and product improvement projects.
- Ability to lead 8D and to work with external customers on quality issues.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.