Panasonic has developed an extensive portfolio of applications that engage and delight passengers, as well as add business value to the airline.
Airlines have a choice of a wide variety of applications that can provide the right solutions for their passengers and services. Applications range from Live Text News, which provides timely news updates and weather information, and ConnectingGate, which features gate and airport information for passenger connections, to Moving Maps, which provides comprehensive geographic views of the flight path, and crew applications such as Crew Forms, which reduces and streamlines operations and communication.
Other applications support ancillary revenue streams and brand value. Onboard Shopping, Onboard Hospitality and Pay Per View provides browsing and purchasing of merchandise, snacks, drinks, food, and movies. Usage reporting and surveys are also available for measuring the system and the content that is available to the passenger.
We are looking for an Android Developer to do the following;
- Develop mobile applications and SDKs from start to finish and a part of the full lifecycle
- Test and troubleshoot programs in a lab environment
- Create unit tests for programs
- Create sample code and documentation
- Be part of a small, self-organizing team which works completely agile
Experience & Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate is someone who has technically strong Android expertise (with 3+ years of Android and more than 5 years of software engineering experience) and have completed several Android applications. He/she must have deep architectural and software design skills, and can write clean, maintainable code.
- Proficient with Java and/or C++ for Android app development with exposure to full software development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multi-threading
- Must be familiar with commonly used design patterns, data structures and object oriented design
- Full understanding of Android user interface designs and standards
- Prior development experience on Android ICS and JB SDK versions a must
- Prior experience with media streaming and playback a big plus
- Working knowledge of building and packaging SDK libraries on Android a plus
- Minimum BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MS preferred.
- Must be a team player and be able to work in a fast paced and agile environment