Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with an elite Financial firm to build a team of Big Data Application DBAs for roles in Rockville, MD.
- Must have excellent data analysis, design and development skills built on top of three plus years in data intensive applications
- Three plus years as a hands-on technologist with a good mix of application development and database development.
- Exposure to/Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, HBASE, Java MapReduce, etc)
- Strong Background in Data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in large multi-terabyte environments
- Strong understanding of performance analysis and optimization
- Must have demonstrated experience in working with other database and application developers to lay out software/data architecture strategy
- Must be willing and able to support application/database development throughout the software lifecycle from requirements analysis and design through to implementation and maintenance
- Strong scripting (Unix, Python, etc) skills to perform data/file manipulation
- Must be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and implement new Big Data technologies as needed.
- Netezza/Greenplum experience
- Java and/or Python development experience
- Exposure/Experience working in AWS or equivalent cloud environment
- Financial Industry experience
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM model
- Ability to define big data storage and processing requirements and assist in sizing/capacity planning.