Get new similar jobs by email for
Jr ISSO (Financial Systems)
Knowledge Consulting Group (KCG) is one of the largest privately held cybersecurity services firms in the United States; serving as a Federal Government Contractor and supporting Commercial customers. We operate as a trusted cyber advisor to our customers across the country. We take great pride in maintaining a single focus on being the leader in cybersecurity services, providing risk management, governance, operations, and compliance services, utilizing our CISO framework methodology. We are uniquely positioned as a trusted cyber advisor with over 90 percent of our cyber professionals holding security clearances and security-specific certifications. With over 12 years of experience in providing cybersecurity services to our customers, we have a strong record of past performance in advising and executing cyber missions for all types of organizations and sectors.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Top Secret clearance is required w/ the ability to obtain DHS EOD.
1. Will develop and implement documentation outlining system operating environment, to include the overall mission, floor layout, hardware configuration, software, type of information processed, user organizations and security clearances, operating mode, interconnections to other systems/networks of users, their security personnel, and associated responsibilities;
2. Assist in the development and maintenance of the overall system security document, the Security Plan, which contains all necessary security procedures, instructions, operating plans, and guidance;
3. Participate in the development or revision of System-specific security safeguards and local operating procedures that are based on the above regulations;
4. Provide IT security consulting to system owners as to the other security documents, for example, security incident reports, equipment/software inventories, operating instructions, technical vulnerability reports, and contingency plans; and
5. Provide expertise in classified and unclassified ratings to customers.
6. Work closely with ISSMs to navigate the FEMA Security Authorization process and produce all appropriate accreditation documentation
7. Attend ISSO training course as required
8. Perform interpretations of monthly vulnerability scan results of assigned systems
This is a high profile, dynamic work environment supporting the front lines of our Homeland Security. Ability to work closely with and be a member of a team of senior information security professionals while gaining valuable information security experience.
The ISSO is the principal point of contact for information assurance activities at the IT system level. The ISSO is responsible for ensuring that management; operational and technical controls for securing either National Security Systems or SBU level IT Systems are in place and are followed. This includes ensuring that appropriate steps are taken to implement information security requirements for IT systems throughout their life cycle, from the requirements definition phase through disposal. It is required that this person possess a Security+, CAP, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or possess a similar security professional certification. Strong relevant experience and education can substitute for these certifications. Must possess a Bachelors Degree or Associates + 2 years of related experience. Must possess experience with NIST 800 series Special Publications and experience assessing financial systems. Candidates must possess experience interpreting vulnerability scanning results.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly preferred. It is highly desired that candidates possess strong interpersonal skills. Candidates must be fluent in the English language.
Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample.
Knowledge Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
If you have questions or have trouble applying, you may contact: email@example.com.