Get new similar jobs by email for
Architectural Design Manager
Position Mission: Provide guidance and expertise to ensure clubs are developed to brand standards.
· Coach, guide and direct franchisees through the design development of new locations as well as remodels and upgrades of existing clubs, including, but not limited to:
o Working with franchisee to collect as-built drawings and existing condition data
o Create club specific designs utilizing external and internal partners
o Provide franchisees with guidance on construction related issues and topics.
o Subject matter expert for design issues.
· Provide department/project communication to internal departments as well as external partners.
· Subject matter expert for internal departments.
· Administrative duties and support.
· Develop and maintain organizational design standards.
A two-year associate/technical degree and/or 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in multi-unit, consumer based construction and design preferred.
· Experience in multi-unit development; e.g. fitness clubs, restaurants, retail, etc. is preferred
· Must be able to read and comprehend construction drawings.
· General knowledge of commercial development, construction methodologies including mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals of differing knowledge levels (vendors, contractors, operations, corporate staff, etc.) Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Able to take direction from multiple sources and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.
· General understanding of building codes, permitting and entitlements.
· Experience in handling construction administration and accounting is a plus; e.g. processing of construction lien waivers, the collection of Landlord contributions, construction bidding, issuance of contracts, etc.
· Must be highly motivated, able to prioritize multiple tasks, organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests, and possess well-developed negotiation skills.
· Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.
· Good time management skills.
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.