|Eaton is a power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. A global technology leader, Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in 2012. The 2013 revenue of the combined companies was over $22B. Eaton has approximately 101,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
|Assembly Technician I - 2nd Shift Epoxy
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Power Systems, Electrical Sector-Americas has an opening for a Assembly Technician I - 2nd Shift located in Greenwood, SC
Manage shipment process, freight and logistics for Low Voltage Busway group. Perform assembly, fit and modification work as required in the manufacture of low voltage indoor and outdoor assemblies. Identify and collect needed materials for kits, when required, and assemble and prepare for shipment.
- Assemble, adjust or repair using hand and air tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and measuring devices assemblies and sub-assemblies of a repetitive and/or non-repetitive nature as required.
- Fill out ISO checklists, quality checklists, customer checklists, feedback forms, and production lists for supervision, drafting, customer service, and engineering as required.
- Mount and install electrical equipment as required.
- May be necessary to communicate with customers during customer inspections of assemblies.
- Receive, pick, label, pack and prepare for shipment, all material and assemblies.
- Maintain minimum levels of Kanban inventory and report shortages to appropriate operators.
- Inspect all assemblies for loose or missing hardware and cleanliness.
- Respond to change notices, customer requested adjustments and development needs.
- Assist engineering, drafting, and supervision with customer initiated development work.
- Work to manufacturing information, drawings, sketches, written or oral instructions from supervision and to established procedures.
- Make adjustments and modifications to assemblies to assure proper operation.
- Occasionally perform development work on non-repetitive units.
- Identify special or non-standard conditions and notify supervision.
- Request shipping releases using appropriate AMS transactions and maintain shipping records.
- Receive and stock incoming material and pick parts for assembly.
- Manage shipment process for final products shipped to external customers and prepare assemblies for shipment or storage, as appropriate.
- Maintain monthly Freight on Board (FOB) process.
- Schedule dedicated trucks for shipping and delivery while managing costs and logistics.
- Analyze premium freight to maintain accurate amounts of PF costs.
- Confirm customer orders in Vista system to ensure shipment credits are earned for the business.
- Pack, crate, and tape finished product according to instructions and prepare for shipping.
- Use material handling equipment to move product and supplies. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs and push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- May travel to customer site to assist with installation of equipment. Interacts and coordinates activity with customer needs.
- Assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions
- Observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed. Maintain a clean orderly and safe workplace.
- All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year manufacturing experience.
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius from worksite
- 2 year degree in manufacturing discipline
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Forklift experience