John Morrell & Co. of Sioux Falls is seeking an experienced Assistant Controller to be responsible for the overall management of the Pork Operations accounting functions. This position is in the Pork Accounting department, reporting to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating the work of a number of accounting associates in all aspects of accounting including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and operations reporting.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly financial statements and various detailed analyses.
- Prepare Sales and Use Tax returns.
- Maintain detailed fixed asset lists.
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Advise management on desirable operational adjustments.
- Arrange for audits of company’s accounts.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Review company financial statements for accuracy and clarity.
- Assist in managing the Accounting department.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required for this position. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years experience in all aspects of accounting and be well versed in issues encountered by Controllers to be considered. CPA is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. SAP experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Open to relocation.
For information on physical demands of this job please contact HR.