• Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate the financial condition of the organization to the Controller and other members of the finance team
• Requires demonstrated understanding and experience with hospital financial reporting, revenue cycle management, accounting, budgeting, accounts payable, treasury, audit, tax, payroll, information technology and materials management.
• Is actively committed to meeting and/or exceeding employee expectations/satisfaction in the performance of job functions.
• Retains all hospital accreditations, licensures and designations in good standing.
• Maintains compliance with all laws and applicable regulatory requirements.
• Displays sound fiscal judgment and control of department.
• Participates in seminars and conferences to keep abreast of technical and legal developments
• Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Proactive and a self-starter
• Strong intelligence, both in critical thinking and conceptual reasoning.
• Judgment to optimize short-term performance within the context of achieving long-term goals.
• Confidence to make good decisions in a timely manner.
• Ability to lead change.
• The ability to engage, energize and motivate others.
• Unquestioned integrity. Honest.
• Maturity, self-confidence and executive presence and the ability to represent the organization effectively at all times.
• Ability to engage and influence people openly and directly.
• Keen sense of organizational dynamics and how to manage them in order to accomplish objectives.
• Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• BS/BA degree in finance, accounting, business or a related discipline required.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Supports the mission of the hospital.
•Assures hospital compliance with federal, state and local government laws and regulations, accrediting agency standards and hospital policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
•Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), and database management.
•Randomly audits work flow to assure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized.
•Substantiates and justified expenditures and expense reports.
•Supervises or prepares monthly journal entries.
•Prepares financial statements.
•Supervises or prepares general ledger reconciliations.
•Assures internal control compliance.
•May train staff on internal control procedures; assists Controller as needed.
•Reviews monthly closing process.
•Works on special projects, if requested; assist with yearly audit preparation.