Get new similar jobs by email for
Food Services Manager
Owned and operated continuously by the Lessing family since the company’s founding in 1890, Lessing’s has long been one of the Northeast region’s leading providers of food and beverage services to colleges, businesses, and the general public through a variety of dining and hospitality operations. Lessing’s three divisions - Food Service Management, Restaurants, and Catering, employ over 1000 people.
We are seeking a Food Services Manager with prior experience for our high volume higher education account in Westchester. Our Company is known for the long tenure of their employees and is looking for a person that wants stability and a great working environment. As a Food Service Manager you will plan, direct and coordinate all front and back of the house food service activities in order to deliver a finished product. Must be available nights and weekends, as shifts will be coordinated between 4 person Management team. This position is may be a 10 (school calendar) or 12 month position, annually.
*Provides food services by maintaining cafe operations, as well as providing food services for special meetings and events.
* Meets cafeteria operational standards by implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures.
* Maintains food services equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Plans menus and oversees food preparation and service.
* Responsible for selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
* Provide a pleasant dining experience, maintaining customer and client rapport.
*Must have at least 2-3 years of food service experience; College setting preferred.
* Position is 50 hours per week, including nights and weekends,
Please send resume to Jimmy D'Ottavio at firstname.lastname@example.org