Title: Assistant General Manager
Reports To: General Manager
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) assists the General Manager with managing the profit, merchandise, operations and people within an A.C. Moore store. The AGM assists with performance management and the evaluation of associates within the store. This position ensures that all associates are properly trained. This position ensures that the right people are in place in the store in order to execute Quality Customer Care. The AGM looks for in-stock and merchandising opportunities by reviewing various reports. This position has knowledge of seasonal trends, industry trends, and the competitive market landscape. The AGM reviews the Profit & Loss line items and makes recommendations on ways to improve performance in his/her store. This position assists in executing advertising, profit management, and shrink reduction in the store. The AGM is a primary source of contact for our customers. This position impacts the company by leading the store to success. When the General Manager is not present, the AGM is in charge of the entire store.
Essential Job Functions
Sales, Margin and Profit
Quality Customer Care
Store Operational Standards
• Comply with and strictly enforce all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Associate Handbook.
• Maintain a store that is safe and clean according to company policy/procedure and OSHA/ADA standards.
• Comply with and strictly enforce all FLSA employment practices.
• Serve as the key carrier for the building. Utilize alarm codes to enter and/or exit the building.
• Responsible for compliance with all questions on Store Operations Review.
• Delegate short-term and long-term tasks and ensure completion through follow-up.
• Use all available communication tools to ensure that associates receive relevant company information.
• Adheres to deadlines as assigned by the company and/or General Manager.
We Value People
• Manage the essential job functions of all positions within the store.
• Recruit, develop, train, and retain an effective team of associates.
• Manage associates effectively by providing constant feedback on performance.
• Resolve performance issues in the stores.
• Foster an environment of high team member morale.
• Assist in the completion of fair and accurate performance and salary reviews.
• Oversee adequate and efficient scheduling of associates.
• Directly manages the Custom Framing Specialist and the sales performance of the frame shop.
• Directly manages the Inventory Control Specialist and the in-stock position of the store.
• Directly manages multiple supervisors and departments depending on volume.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Adopt and Execute our Values of: People, Integrity, Desire to Be the Best, Passion, Enthusiasm and New Ideas.
Experience & Educational Requirements
· Demonstrate ability to set goals and objectives and motivate team to achieve them.
Due to the fiduciary accountabilities of this job, a valid credit check and/or background will be required as part of the selection process.