Get new similar jobs by email for
Assistant Law Librarian
Founded in 1908, the law offices of Ulmer & Berne LLP have over 190 lawyers across four offices in the Mid-west. Ulmer & Berne serves a wide range of clients that include individuals, sole proprietorships, public and privately held companies, multinational corporations, financial institutions, public bodies and nonprofit organizations. As one of the 250 largest law firms in the U.S., Ulmer & Berne provides excellence in client services on a regional, national, and international level.
We are currently seeking a full-time Assistant Law Librarian in our downtown Cleveland office. The position will be responsible for working with other firmwide librarians to maintain the library’s collection of books, publications, documents, and other materials. The Assistant Law Librarian will furnish information on library activities and assist attorneys, paralegals, and other professional staff to collect and organize legal resources. The position will assist with the use of Internet-based search tools specific to law and other resources as required.
Job Duties Include:
• Conduct in-depth legal, business, and financial research for attorneys, paralegals and staff throughout all offices of the Firm;
• Use appropriate online and print research resources to provide excellent practice support in a timely and cost-effective manner;
• Update the library catalog using standard library guidelines;
• Maintain the Cleveland office library collection, filing loose-leaf services, advance sheets, and supplements, also routing periodicals;
• Coordinate and implement promotion of library and research services through user instruction;
• Assist in collection development of print and electronic resources:
• Utilize project management and planning skills to prioritize competing assignments, work within recognized budgetary constraints and consistently meet tight deadlines;
• Perform and participate in special projects and assume additional administrative duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must possess a Masters in Library Science and at least 1-4 years’ experience. Work within a law library is preferred.
Candidates must demonstrate a proficiency in electronic legal and business resources, including WestlawNext, Accurint, Courtlink, Knowledge Mosaic, BNA/Bloomberg, CCH Intelliconnect, RIA Checkpoint, and PACER. Candidates must possess strong oral and written communication as well as strong listening and interpersonal skills.
Ulmer & Berne offers an outstanding benefit package with includes: medical/dental, 401(k) with employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability plans, transportation fringe benefit program, and a generous paid time off policy.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the attention Human Resources at Ulmer & Berne LLP; 1660 West 2nd Street; Suite 1100; Cleveland, OH 44113 or via email to HR@Ulmer.com. Equal Opportunity Employer.