Soft Surroundings is an established catalog/internet retailer with 8 stores nationwide. Our products include women’s apparel and accessories, furniture and home décor, and specialty beauty products. We don’t just sell merchandise, we celebrate a lifestyle of relaxation and well-being by offering soft, comfortable clothing, bedding and the latest developments in skin care.
We consider our stores an entrepreneurial environment, and we empower our managers and assistant managers to make decisions that are best for the business.
· Assist the Store Manager with all retail functions including operations, our POS system, staffing, reporting, visual merchandising and inventory control
· Ensure customers receive the best possible service including assistance as needed and suggestive selling
· Ensure that policies and procedures are being followed
· Assist in the training of staff and implementation of planograms
· Assist in overseeing the opening and closing of the store as well as efficient and accurate cash register operations
· May travel occasionally to help open another store
· Associates degree or equivalent experience
· A minimum of one year of retail store experience in a lead or management role
· Solid experience providing a high level of customer service
· Excellent trainer and people developer
· Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
· Strong understanding of computers and software
· Proven analytical thinker who consistently comes up with ideas to solve problems
This position offers full benefits, including a 401k with company match, a great working environment, and the opportunity to work for a successful and growing company.
Interested candidates should apply through the company website. Click on About Us, then Careers, and then on the Careers hyperlink.