Gas Compressor Consultants, Inc. is hiring for the position of an Associate Engineer. GCC is an established Oil & Gas consulting firm located in Denver, CO. Our client base extends across all of the major shale plays in the United States.
The ideal candidate for GCC will report directly to the VP of Engineering and have daily communication and interaction with our clients and GCC staff. The candidate must have strong communication skills to be able to clearly and concisely express oneself to subordinates, colleagues, supervisors, and clients. This position will be a point of contact for clients as well as be held responsible for the activities, developments, and issues concerning any pipeline project work for clients.
The candidate will have a background in gas pipeline projects, including design capabilities and construction of gas gathering pipelines, compressor stations, and meter stations. They must understand the processes needed to execute projects as well as the requirements of project controls to properly report progress and forecast remaining work.
We expect the candidate to have experience in the following areas:
- Oil & Gas industry engineering design, procurement, and construction.
- DOT class location determinations for pipelines.
- Pipeline modeling, including fluid flow-rate and volume calculations.
- Demonstrated awareness of safety in the design, construction, and operation of pipelines.
- Development of project scopes, execution plans, cost estimates and scheduling.
- Development of field procedures for pipeline construction, purging, packing and dehydrating.
- Demonstrated awareness of environmental issues for permitting and construction.
- Knowledge of drawing requirements for station layouts, piping plans, PFD's and P&ID's.
- Specification of compressors, pumps, motors, metering, fluid storage and piping.
- Preparation of RFQ's, construction bid documents and bid evaluations.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Petroleum, or Civil Engineering is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in gas pipeline, plant, compressor, or metering is required.
- Excellent technical writing ability.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Plant 3D.
- Capability to adapt and learn new methods in performing job functions.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight is required.