Get new similar jobs by email for
Job SummaryBDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Audit Associate will be responsible for preparing financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Masters in Accountancy or equivalent preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years prior experience in public or private accounting firm
- Accounting based internship beneficial
- CPA preferred
- Actively pursuing completion of CPA licensing required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match our current needs will be considered applicants and will receive responses from BDO. Thank you for your interest in BDO USA, LLP .
BDO USA, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any trademarks and service marks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.