Get new similar jobs by email for
Automotive Center Manager- Hou...
This position is responsible for managing the entire Auto Center and Associates, including the Assistant Manager, in Auto Centers with sales volume of $500,000 or more. This includes, but is not limited to, selecting, scheduling, supervising, directing, coaching, counseling, disciplining, and training of subordinates; analyses and driving of sales volume, customer service, profitability and performance; identification and solution of business problems; creation and implementation of competitive strategies; managing productivity standards; and overall Auto Center management responsibilities. This position is responsible for the overall management and performance of the Auto Center and its staff and other projects as assigned. The Auto Center Manager is expected to spend well over 50% of his/her time on management duties on a daily and weekly basis.
· Plan, direct, and supervise the work and productivity levels of Associates to ensure standards are met or exceeded
· Build relationships with Human Resources and Loss Prevention teams to help provide assistance in the daily Auto Center operations
· Manage and supervise to ensure accurate accounting of merchandise coming into the center and transfers, returns, or exchanges that impact inventory records
· Assess service shortfalls and react quickly to ensure customer satisfaction and achievement of time standards
· Develop a high performance team by hiring, coaching, developing and managing performance of Assistant Manager and Associates.
· Understand local market focus and track competition and trends in the market; communicate with District, Region and Home Office Support to address unique local market considerations. Knowledgeable of competitors’ services and prices to build on sales opportunities
· Conduct financial review, analyses, and long term planning and management of business and key drivers to impact sales and profit
· Set plans and strategy to manage expense, understand and drive margin, maintain appropriate merchandise protection standards
· High School degree/Technical School degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 2 + years prior management experience required, preferably in an Auto Center/retail store
· Automotive Sales or Service education and training helpful but not necessary
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must have a valid Driver’s License