Get new similar jobs by email for
Avionics Electrical Technician...
Must be able to successfully pass FAA drug test and background check. Must be able to prove U.S. citizenship. Must have 7 years of employment historyverifiable- Must able to provide high school transcripts.
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES CAN BE CONSIDERED - CO WILL NOT RELOCATE
Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrate technical expertise by implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising Safety or Quality. May fill in for the Sr. Avionics/Electrical Technician thus insuring that the company’s goals of Safety and Quality are enforced all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
2. Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
3. Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
4. Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
5. Perform and comply with engineering changes and modifications as required.
6. Sets up and operates necessary test equipment: conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability
7. Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection
8. Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components
9. Comply with the company’s FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations
Performs other duties as assigned
Operating Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Training & Education Requirements:
High School graduate or GED
1. Two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and two (2) years related work experience; or four (4) years experience in an avionics/electronic career field
2. Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics. – Example: Hydraulics, Landing Gear, Flight Controls, Environmental Controls or Structural Installations and Repairs.
3. A & P license or FCC preferred.
4. Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 80 pounds