Get new similar jobs by email for
Using business intelligence technologies and industry knowledge, the position will develop analytical reporting tools for the company's customers and internal departments using various reporting technologies including SQL, Oracle, Crystal reports, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Warehousing utilizing SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
1. Develop enterprise reporting solutions from multiple data sets including SQL Server Databases, SQL Analysis services databases and Oracle databases.
2. Create ad-hoc queries from appropriate selection of multiple data sets and query tools in order to fulfill internal or external client analytics requests and efficiently and accurately as possible within established department development guidelines.
3. Develop and maintain a departmental library of reports that documents the methodology and proper use/interpretation of data collected in the company's automated systems
4. Prepare reports outlining analytical processes when necessary for better understanding by parties involved as to the steps taken to complete analysis
5. Assist in ROI reporting process
6. Organize data in a meaningful format using charts, graphs, tables and have excellent report writing capabilities to interpret and document findings
1. Work in a team environment, manage work order assignments, and prioritize tasks, responsibilities and deadlines.
2. Develop solutions within established department development best practices.
3. Conduct department training on use of applications for parties interested in further training in the functionality of the software
4. Accountability for project timeliness
5. Accountability for accuracy of work
1. Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
2. Two years experience as an Enterprise Report Developer with demonstrated knowledge MS or Oracle based SQL and development in an applicable enterprise reporting tool set.
3. Two years experience manipulating data sets using MS office.
4. Experience importing/exporting large datasets between various software applications, as well as a general knowledge of data types/table structures for report development purposes.
1. 1- 2 years experience and certification in MS SQL Server 2005 or 2008 Business Intelligence suite: SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS.
2. Experience with EnterpriseCrystal Reports, Oracle and TOAD.