An International logistics company is seeking an IT Sr. System Analyst. Ideal candidates would have at least 5 years of IT project management and vendor management. Experience in the Logistics Industry and software is a big plus.
Position Title: IT Sr. System Analyst
Position Type: Temp – Hire
Location: Irvine, CA
Work Hours: M-F, 8:00-5:00
FLSA Status: Exempt
· Provide subject matter expertise on existing IT systems. Create enhancements and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
· Day to day vendor management
· Support project(s) throughout the project phases and ensure design solution supports the business requirements. Alert IT management when there are potential disconnects.
· Provide expertise and support for Infrastructure, Hardware, and Network. Also manage the vendors and service providers. Assist in upgrades, capacity and redundancy planning.
· Design, implement and support Network infrastructure including firewalls, routers and switches.
· Provide support for Logistics applications like WMS, TMS, and Import \ Export systems on day to day basis, maintenance and manage issues for all customers.
· Effectively communicate with customer, IT, Business Management and IT vendors.
· Manage the development and maintenance of interfaces, EDI integration, XML, CSV, Flat file, etc.
· Resolves user problems and support resources; evaluating service requirements; tracking and reporting problems.
· Assist in project planning, update existing plans, follow-up on issues, and create status reports.
· Assist in disaster recovery planning, back-up procedures and data security.
· Minimum of 5 to 10+ years in IT especially in Project and application vendor management
· Background in Database Administration (Oracle)
· Practices Best IT Processes (ITILv3, CMMi, or QMS)
· Any Professional IT certifications
· Should have a demonstrated portfolio of previous projects where the candidate was accountable/responsible for the requirement gathering and/or solution design aspect of the project supported by references.
· Strong analytical skills with ability to negotiate IT contracts with outside partners and providers.
· Prior interface development and troubleshooting knowledge a plus.
· Industry background in logistics\manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, or supply chain planning a plus.
· Previous experience with WMS, TMS or Import \Export applications a plus.
· Windows Scripting and familiarity with Windows IIS is a plus)
· Oracle and SQL query knowledge (UNIX shell scripting and UNIX OS).
· Must be proficient in the use of MS-Project, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Have enough technical proficiency to be conversant and intelligently evaluate work items and topics raised by technical staff.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work and support multiple projects such as enhancements, upgrades, replacement etc.
· Project management experience a plus
· Ability to travel (~10%).