Get new similar jobs by email for
Bus Maintenance Garage Foreman
Foreman II – Garages
MUST HAVE HEAVY MECHANICAL/AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE
SALARY: $ 57,000-63,625
ELIGIBLE FOR O/T: No
WORK LOCATION: Central, Northern and Southern Division Bus Garages.
1. Supervises employees on assigned shift, including assigning and reviewing work to ensure sufficient, clean, and safe vehicles are available for pull-out.
2. Coordinates with other Maintenance Foremen and Transportation staff at the garage, the Control Center, and at Bus garages to ensure that road calls are properly handled, and that pull-outs go smoothly.
3. Monitors workforce at assigned locations to coordinate maintenance activities and clean up activities and to ensure equipment is inspected in accordance with NJ TRANSIT maintenance standards.
4. Supervises stock room, authorizes special orders, issues materials and ensures security and accurate accounting of stock.
5. Trains, counsels, and motivates staff to maintain and improve productivity.
6. Enforces work rules, safety and cleanliness standards; monitors condition of facility and equipment.
7. Responsible for monitoring the timeliness and completeness of the revenue collection system, including proper vaulting procedures and reporting procedures.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent, and five years of applied experience in bus maintenance. Other applied experience in heavy diesel vehicle maintenance may be substituted for bus maintenance experience.
E-MAIL RESUME TO:
The State of New Jersey Has A Residency Law
Equal Opportunity Employer