Dentons is a global firm driven to provide a competitive edge in an increasingly complex and interconnected marketplace. It was formed in March 2013 by the combination of international law firm Salans LLP, Canadian law firm Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP (FMC) and international law firm SNR Denton. Dentons is built on the solid foundations of these three highly valued law firms. Each built an outstanding reputation and valued clientele by responding to the local, regional and national needs of a broad spectrum of clients of all sizes – individuals; entrepreneurs; small businesses and start-ups; local, regional and national governments and government agencies; and mid-sized and larger private and public corporations, including international and global entities.
Dentons clients now benefit from more than 2,500 lawyers and professionals in 79 locations in 52 countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe and Central Asia, the Middle East, the UK and the US who are committed to challenge the status quo and offer creative, actionable business and legal solutions.
The firm is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager located in our New York or Washington, DC office. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Business Development and works collaboratively with Practice Group Leaders and other Marketing Department professionals on key projects to ensure coordination, appropriate leveraging of resources, consistency of approach and effective execution of initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for all marketing and business development activities of the firm's US Corporate and Tax practices working in collaboration with the global business development team.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to be proactive in creating and implementing outside-the-box business development and marketing strategies to assist in generating new client relationships, expanding current client relationships, and enhancing the brand recognition of the practice groups and its lawyers on a global basis. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Senior Managers of Business Development and Practice Heads to establish priorities and programs and will coordinate efforts among the lawyers in the practice group. The Business Development Manager will also work with other Business Development Managers and Coordinators and other lawyers to enable the maximum level of collaboration and resource allocation. Responsibilities • Brand and Visibility in Support of Business Development: Develop and implement high-level partnering relationships with industry associations and consultants to identify leadership/advisory board positions, speaking and conference presentation opportunities and sources of referral for practice group lawyers. As the subject matter expert for the practices he/she supports, work in conjunction with practice members, marketing communications and public relations professionals to generate content, create and implement practice/industry-specific marketing materials, and identify and leverage public and media relations opportunities.
- Target and Lead Generation: Work directly with the practice group members to identify, qualify and develop new business leads and prospects.
- Pipeline Management: Develop a system for tracking and maintaining action on leads and progress by practice members across various business development activities, and oversee and monitor follow-up efforts.
- Business Development Support: Create and implement business development strategies, provide hands-on support and follow through on all business development projects.
- Proposals: Work with practice members to respond to Requests for Proposals and to prepare pitches and proposals designed to obtain new business.
- Cross-Selling Initiatives: Provide support for and drive on behalf of the practice cross-selling efforts implemented in conjunction with other firm practice groups and appropriate responsible lawyers.
- Seminars and Events: Work directly with practice members to develop and implement practice group seminars for clients and prospects, and coordinate practice group attendance and in participation in industry events and conferences. Research opportunities for external seminars and symposia where the practice group capabilities could be featured.
- Market and Competitive Intelligence: Collaborate with other Marketing and Library resources in connection with current client activity, as well as background on competitors and prospective clients for business development purposes.
- Leverage Marketing Technology: Effectively use marketing technology tools such as InterAction and other knowledge management resources to increase prospect identification and internal information sharing.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 8-10 or more years of marketing and business development experience in a professional services industry, with preference given to law firm experience
- Experience dealing with global marketing issues and sensitivities.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to handle a variety of projects that require tight deadlines.
- Proficient at issue-spotting, and possess a strong intellectual curiosity about the business of law and business transactions in general.
- Highly organized and possess strong creative abilities and excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Must be able to work with higher levels of management in the firm and work well as part of a team.
- Must quickly understand the goals, service, culture and strategy of both the firm and the practices he/she supports.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please apply online by clicking here: https://psoft9gw.us.dentons.com
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer