Get new similar jobs by email for
Business Development Manager -...
|Emerson Company||Electrical Reliability Services|
|State/Province||Colorado, California, Texas, Missouri, Oregon|
|Publish Start Date||May 5 2014|
|Job Level||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineeringservices helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
ERS is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) – Protection & Controls to support our expanding service offerings in the U.S. Candidates must live within 50 miles of an airport in any of the following cities to be considered for this position: Denver CO, Kansas City MO, Atlanta GA, Houston TX, Los Angeles/Pleasanton CA, or Portland OR.
Business Development Manager – Protection & Controls
This is a high profile position reporting directly to the Director of New Business Development and will be accountable for accelerating ERS’ growth in its Protection and Controls service offering. This offering includes but is not limited to the following services: turn-key relay upgrades, advanced protective relay logic implementation, relay start-up and commissioning, NERC relay testing solutions, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
o Develop and effectively manage all sales activities for the Protection and Controls program, within budget and timelines to meet performance expectations and requirements. Develop long-range competitive strategy for the offering, including annual marketing and sales plans. Interface effectively and on a regular basis with the Marketing Team, Regional Sales and Operations Teams, and the Emerson Process Management sales channel to support and drive the program. Develop and implement promotional/sales support activities that create service product understanding and awareness. Identify and develop relationships with key and targeted customers necessary to drive long-term business objectives. Administer all phases of the sales process to insure effective and timely customer service and response.
o Develop proposals for Protection and Controls solutions. This will include coordinating all required engineering resource support, procuring quotations, developing construction and testing estimates, documenting and finalizing work scopes, and creating final proposal documentation.
o Program objective including Sales and Orders volume and contribution margin along with expense account budget to be determined annually with ERS Senior Management.
o Important aspects of this position include; Solution and Value Added Selling experience in the utility market, direct end user utility customer contacts and knowledge of utility generation and/or transmission/distribution systems, Time Management, Presentation/Marketing Skills, Teamwork, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Expense Account Management, and Excellent Computer Skills.
o Directly support and sell ERS’ Protection and Controls offerings to key end user customers, key industry partners, and contractors
o Partner with the local ERS and/or Emerson Process Management sales teams to plan strategies, provide quality service, train personnel and provide support as necessary to for attainment of goals and objectives.
o Work with ERS marketing to develop and implement national/regional/local marketing programs as necessary to support the program growth.
o Identify and coordinate marketing research and literature development.
o As a member of the senior management team, communicates effectively with the operations teams to drive customer satisfaction and growth. Participate as required on quarterly regional review meetings as requested.
· Drive for Results– Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; Very bottom-line oriented; Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
· Customer Focus– Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Interpersonal Savvy–Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people; can diffuse tension.
· Functional/Tech Skills– Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
· Negotiating–Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly.
· Managing Vision & Purpose-Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Required Education and/or Experience:
· College degree required (prefer BSEE/BSEET and MBA) and 7 -10 years of sales / sales management / marketing experience. At least 3 -5 years of that experience must be directly in the supporting relay, relay services, or relay upgrade solutions with a heavy portion of that in microprocessor based relaying.
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, 50% overnight travel required covering sales territory.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjustfocus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
· Valid Driver’s License required with acceptable driving record.
Additional Company Information
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for personal and professional growth. No calls or agencies please. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com for Company information.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson, Electrical Reliability Services, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Emerson is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Website InformationClick here to apply online