Get new similar jobs by email for
Business Intelligence - IT ETL...
The IT ETL Developer/Programmer is responsible for the design, development, and enhancement of data warehouse systems in a manner that conforms to GHC-SCW, architecture, and development guidelines while following best practice and industry standards. The incumbent will perform system analysis (Data Profiling, Performance, Impact Analysis, Data Quality); create models for new data warehouse development and/or changes to existing data stores; design and manage data warehouse improvement and growth projects; identify data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity; and will contribute to overall Business Intelligence strategy. The IT ETL Developer/Programmer will review business requirements and technical data structures to enhance data warehouse functionality and will stay abreast of Business Intelligence trends and technologies. The IT ETL Developer/Programmer works under the guidance, direction, and general supervision of the Business Intelligence Manager.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
2. A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of relevant, recent and progressively challenging work experience designing, developing, implementing and supporting data warehouse solutions and functions.
3. Experience working with core Business Applications in the Health care and health insurance industry is preferred.
4. Prior experience which has consistently demonstrated a high degree of skill within the following dimensions:
a. System Design (OOA/OOD, Source to Target Mappings and Transformation Rules / Specifications, knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate integration patterns that conform to the GHC-SCW architecture framework).
b. System Analysis (Data Profiling, Performance, Impact Analysis, Quality).
c. System Troubleshooting (Issue root cause analysis, investigation and timely remediation).
d. System Quality Assurance (Unit, System, Integration and Performance Testing).
e. Setting, maintaining and evolving design, development and support standards and processes.
f. Relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
g. Data architecture and modeling, data mining, large scale date modeling and business requirements gathering and analysis.
h. Data processing flowcharting techniques, system design and requirements.
5. Technical proficiency in key tools and technologies, including but not limited to:
ii. SQL Server RDBMS
iii. SAP – Data Services
iv. SAP – Business Objects Product Suite
vi. Similar technologies could be considered such as Informatica, Oracle, DB2, and Datastage
6. Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting large data warehouses.