Berwick Offray is the leading designer, manufacturer, importer and distributor of decorative and woven ribbons, bows, gift wrap, gift bags, tissue, gift card holders and floral packaging products. Founded in 1945 as a family-owned business, Berwick Offray serves mass merchandise and retail distribution channels, as well as wholesalers, florists, craft and industrial businesses, plus many other customers. seeking decorative ribbon and packaging for all occasions, especially Christmas.
Berwick Offray LLC is looking for a Buyer in Berwick, PA! This person will be responsible for the procurement of raw materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generally work from a strategic perspective, while ensuring that all tactical requirements are fulfilled.
- Select, train and develop suppliers; work to build solid supplier and rationalized supplier base.
- Negotiate and enforce costs and conditions with all associated suppliers.
- Work intensively to manage commodities, so to generate changes that reduce cost, improve quality, expedite activities, reduce lead time and improve reliability.
- Actively work to enable inventory reduction/control (including E&O) while enhancing service level to internal and external customers.
- Develop/maintain/enforce intra and inter department policies, processes, procedures.
- Develop/maintain intra and inter department relationships in team environment to continually improve combined productivity. Work intensively to achieve over-arching company objectives.
- Daily interaction, negotiation, order placement, expediting with business contacts.
- Handle dispute resolutions.
- Lead in meetings with supplier personnel.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of Purchasing theories, principles and practices typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3 - 4 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic proficiency in MSWord and MSExcel required.
- ERP, Internet and MSOutlook desired.
- Contract experience strongly desired.
Excellent benefit package and competitive pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply directly at: