We are seeking a strong Buyer, well versed in the area of Low Cost Country Sourcing. You will work with our supply base, source new suppliers and coordinate the activities related to the strategic sourcing, supplier development and procurement of goods and services required for advanced purchasing in support of R&D and special projects.
- Impact – Opportunity to impact the bottom line through innovative and value-based cost saving measures for our Iconic Brand of Products!
- Innovation – We are seeking an individual that can identify areas of supply chain improvement, supplier development, etc.
- Complex Spend – manage procurement of multiple complex components with experience in developing low cost country and/or U.S. dollar stable sourcing regions.
- Recognized leader - Rated #1 in industry and one of America’s Great Brands.
CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL PLANT TOUR,
LOCATED IN THE AMAZING VIRGINIA BEACH AREA!
- Coordinate the procurement of multiple, moderately complex components and parts to support new product development. Initiates resourcing projects to shift purchases from unfavorable sourcing regions to favorable regions.
- Researches and develops competent suppliers of high quality components by preparing bids, proposals, or other requests and analyzes requested materials, assesses financial stability and manufacturing capabilities of suppliers, and assists in making the best sourcing decisions for the STIHL Group.
- Develops positive relations with potential suppliers through detailed communications of STIHL philosophy, material requirements, and pricing objectives. Contacts suppliers regarding material problems, such as delayed receipt, poor quality, wrong items, etc., and resolves issues.
- Visits supplier locations to negotiate prices, review and analyze operations and conduct supplier audits to evaluate the short-term and long-term ability of suppliers to meet STIHL expectations.
- Works with Engineering, Finance and Manufacturing in developing Make or Buy decisions.
- Cooperates with the STIHL Purchasing Group worldwide by sharing pertinent data and cost analyses as required in order to establish optimal global supply chain management strategies.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree, preferably in an Engineering discipline.
- 4+ years of experience as a Buyer; sourcing, qualifying and developing new suppliers.
- Advanced experience with Low Cost Country Sourcing.
- Must have the ability to accommodate periodic overnight travel, as needed.
- Experience with some type of MRP system (e.g. SAP, JDE, Oracle etc).
- Experience with MS Office Suite of programs.
- Masters degree.
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes (e.g. A.T. Kearney).
- Knowledge of materials and processes used in Outdoor Power Equipment manufacturing.
- Value Engineering / Lean Sigma Project Execution experience.
- Experience with SAP.
- Fluency in German Language.
Are you ready to join a company with competitive compensation, extensive relocation assistance and superb benefits?
Power up your Career with STIHL!
To apply, visit www.stihlcareers.com
EOE / Drug Free Workplace