a dynamic international cable assembly manufacturer seeks the following at its Fremont, CA facility:
- Bachelors in business administration or related field.
- Buyer experience: 1 to 2 years preferred.
- Expertise in sourcing, evaluating, and managing suppliers.
- Flexibility in working with both U.S. and offshore suppliers.
- Familiarity with domestic and international freight carriers and practices.
- Knowledge of electronic components and cables in the manufacturing industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Mastery of numbers to absorb and analyze complex data.
- Multi-tasking in cost reduction and just in time inventory control.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven and fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bilingual: Mandarin/Chinese & English, please DO NOT APPLY if you are not.
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
- Run Material Requirements Planning (MRP) reports daily.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Quotation, Quality Assurance, Production and Finance departments to ensure buying activity supports product requirement and/or project strategy.
- Select and set up new suppliers; negotiate the most advantageous pricing, payment term, credit line, freight policies and warranty services.
- Issue purchase orders to procure high quality goods and services in the most cost effective manner for on time delivery.
- Handle return authorizations and returns of non-conforming products to suppliers for corrective action.
- Create part numbers, bills of materials, and work orders.
- Prepare commercial invoices and packing lists for offshore shipments.
- Process and ensure documentation complies with company policies and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) procedures.
- Other duties assigned by Management
*This is not a Senior Buyer position.