For nearly three decades, SVB Financial Group and its subsidiaries, including Silicon Valley Bank, have been dedicated to helping entrepreneurs succeed. SVB Financial Group is a financial holding company that serves companies in the technology, life science, cleantech, venture capital, private equity and premium wine industries. Offering diversified financial services through Silicon Valley Bank, SVB Analytics, SVB Capital, and SVB Private Bank, SVB Financial Group provides clients with commercial, investment, international and private banking services. The company also offers funds management, broker-dealer transactions and asset management, as well as the added value of its knowledge and networks worldwide. Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB) operates through 26 offices in the U.S. and international operations in China, India, Israel and the United Kingdom. More information on the company can be found at www.svb.com.
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Banking services are provided by Silicon Valley Bank, a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. SVB Private Bank is a division of Silicon Valley Bank. SVB Financial Group is also a member of the Federal Reserve System.
CFO - SVB Capital
• Partner with the directors of the managed funds, including proactive communication and reporting.
• Overall accounting, tax and financial functions for over 20 funds and additional management entities, including all general ledger activity and preparation of financials and reporting. Oversight of valuations, allocations, monthend results, and complex transactions.
• Build finance team to scale with the growth in our funds business.
• Direct the activities of the SVB Capital accounting staff and fund administrators. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods and policies.
• Manage / implement partially outsourced finance and accounting functions
• Maintain and expand relationships with Limited Partners and with the CFOs of the funds and portfolio companies in which the firm has invested.
• Facilitation of ongoing status updates of investments and periodic communication to Limited Partners on fund performance.
• Participate in development of growth strategies, methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
• Responsible for the preparation of financial analyses, business judgment and reports for management planning and decision-making. Participates in strategic planning and decision-making of new fund products and strategies.
• Manage fund liquidity, including forecasting and execution of capital calls and distributions to the Limited Partners.
• Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company and funds management.
• Interact with public accounting firms, internal auditors, and regulatory auditors. Provide them with the appropriate information and support requested in connection with audits and preparation of tax returns.
• Responsible for compliance with partnership agreements, policies and procedures, including regulatory requirements for SVB Capital activities, Sarbanes-Oaxley, and generally accepted accounting principles. Regular interaction with corporate personnel and related reporting for corporate initiatives including, but not limited to, the budget process, monthend close process, quarterly reporting packages, and various audits.
• Responsible for working with SVB’s corporate Finance office to support corporate (consolidated) financial reporting, operational and bank regulatory reviews and audits as relates to SVB Capital.
• Accounting degree or Finance degree with accounting work experience required
• Minimum of 15+ years experience in accounting or financial position
• Knowledge of partnership accounting and tax, with experience working in global, private equity/venture capital environment with private equity/venture capital firms and Limited Partners
• CPA or advanced degree in Finance or Accounting required
• Strong leadership skills
• Candidate must show ability to communicate directly and work effectively in a dynamic work environment, including the ability to interact well with a variety of constituencies (directors, limited partners, auditors, office personnel, corporate executives)
• Ability to multi-task and balance priorities while also focusing on bringing projects to completion
• Strong work ethic, initiative and attention to detail
• Prior experience supervising staff
• Good written and communication skills and a friendly, service-oriented attitude
• Strong and demonstrated leadership and organization skills
Visit our website at www.svb.com.