Gulf South Machine, Inc.
39611 W. I-55 service Rd.
Job title; CNC Machinist, Manual Machinist
Gulf South Machine, Inc is seeking experienced CNC Machinist and Manual Machinist interested in moving into the CNC field. A minimum of 3 years experience operating CNCMachiningCenters, Horizontal Mills or Horizontal Boring Mills is required. Must be able to work both day & night shift on a 3 month rotation schedule.
We offer a competitive salary & benefit package to include.
Health Insurance 401K Profit Sharing
Paid Vacations 6 Paid Holidays 4 ½” day Work Week
10 hour work days $3 Shift Differential Company Uniforms
GSM is located in a small community on the North West side of Lake Pontchartrain 1 hour away from New Orleans & Baton Rouge. The Surrounding area offers reasonable housing, excellent schools, great shopping and a high quality of living.
Interested candidates can apply by calling Gulf South Machine at 985 386-9401 to schedule an appointment or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the link provided.
Please check out our website @ www.gulfsouthmachine.com
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
* Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
* Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
* Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
* Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
* Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
* Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment