Get new similar jobs by email for
Cable Technician for In-Buildi...
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a field team, managing installations, performing site surveys, participating in and managing field installations according to company standards, commissioning and troubleshooting DAS equipment (active and passive) and documenting projects.
The successful candidate will also be expected to understand company standards and customer expectations; read design documents; have familiarity with equipment like BDAs, splitters, couplers etc.; to perform cable sweeps, test fiber and collect relevant data.
A strong candidate with background knowledge will receive training for further advancement.
· Lead and manage installations; be able to delegate responsibilities to others and make sure project is delivered on time.
· Be able to read and understand design plans to ensure smooth deployment of systems.
· Be able to troubleshoot and install BDAs.
· Be able to troubleshoot active DAS equipment like ADC Fusion, Mobile Access and Andrews
· Collect and deliver close-out information including but not limited to antenna radiated power readings, installation pictures, BDA/DAS installation system screen shots and cable sweep results.
· Review data associated with assigned sites on a regular basis and report and or correct errors or discrepancies to management.
· Work effectively cross-functionally to identify and resolve compliance issues.
· Respond quickly and effectively to resolve various trouble tickets, monitoring system and network performance issues in accordance with company established policies, standards and procedures.
· Comply with company and customer requirements for DAS installation.
· Be responsible for all test equipment, DAS equipment, and tools used.
· Keep management well informed regarding operational and maintenance issues associated with their assigned sites.
· Monitor and report material usage in order to maintain adequate supplies.
· Be able to train other Technicians and sub-contractors to perform installation.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
· Excellent communications skills.
· Experience leading small and medium scale installations.
· Experience with at least one of the major DAS manufacture’s equipment like Mobile Access, ADC/LGC or Andrews.
· Experience working with at least one of the BDA manufacturers like ADRF, GSTeletech, RTron, Dekolink or SKTelesys.
· Terminating, managing and Fusion Splicing Multi Mode or Single Mode Fiber.
· Operating Anritsu Site Master.
· Experience with Microsoft Office especially Power Point and Excel.
· Be able to travel 50% of the time.
· Must have a good driving record and a clear license.
· Must be able to clear criminal background checks.