Loan Counselor / Call Center
8:00AM –5:00PM Mon – Fri
11:30AM – 8:00PM Mon- Fri
$11.50 / hr + $1 shift differential
PHEAA is currently looking for results oriented professionals for Loan Counselor positions in a fast-paced call center environment. Loan Counselor positions involve receiving in-bound and/or placing outbound calls regarding student loan accounts and may also involve speaking with delinquent customers as a result of customer contact.
· These are entry-level positions and on average, our counselors may answer approximately 15 calls per hour handling complex account issues.
· Interaction with customers are based on PHEAA policy, but some independence is necessary to ensure a positive customer experience.
· Revise or make changes to account information such as address changes, name changes or other changes to an account.
· Explain loan activity to customers. Activity on loans could include: accruing interest, tax deduction, or the timing of payment posting.
· We provide a paid 2-8 week classroom training program which is a combination of lecture and practice on live customer accounts. Due to the amount and complexity of information, time off will not be permitted during the training period.
Required Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
· Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office
Preferred Qualifications and/or Experience:
· Prior Recruitment and onboarding experience
· Associates degree and two years’ experience working in an administrative role providing exceptional customer service
· Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite including intermediate knowledge of Word and Microsoft Excel
· State Employees’ Retirement System (SERS)
· Employee-paid medical benefits
· Seven paid holidays & Earn paid vacation and sick time after working 750 hours
· Convenient access to public transportation
· Onsite Daycare*
· Free on-site parking*
· Fitness Center*
* Not Available at all locations.
PHEAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants will be notified by Human Resources if they are selected to advance to the next step in the hiring process.
Our hiring process includes the following:
1. Online Application Review
2. Phone Interview
3. Onsite Interview
4. Student Loan Check
Created in 1963 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has evolved into one of the nation's leading student aid organizations. Today, PHEAA is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
PHEAA's earnings are used to support its public service mission and to pay its operating costs, including administration of the Pennsylvania State Grant and other state-funded student aid programs. PHEAA continues to devote its energy, resources, and imagination to developing innovative ways to ease the financial burden of higher education for students, families, schools, and taxpayers.
PHEAA conducts its student loan servicing activities nationally as American Education Services (AES) and FedLoan Servicing (FLS).
To be considered for employment you must complete an online application at www.PHEAA.org/jobs
Monster Applications will not be accepted!