Quantum Health is one of the Best Places to Work in Columbus and the USA. We are passionate in our mission to deliver outstanding service to our customers by helping navigate the health-care system. We are looking for a caring, expert to join us as a Care Coordination Nurse.
Description: The Care Coordiantion Nurse is responsible for providing services for patients of Coordinated Health Care employer groups with catastrophic illness and/or injuries. They also function as a clinical resource for other staff in the company such as utilization review, patient services, disease management, and sales.
Roles and Tasks:
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Serve as patient and provider advocate by educating and guiding patients through the complicated process of navigating healthcare insurance
- Develop, document, maintain, and contribute subject matter expertise to program management efforts
- Identify members for specific case management and/or disease management activities or interventions by utilizing established screening criteria
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Evaluate patient satisfaction and quality of care provided
- Maintain a working knowledge of all policies and procedures related to Coordinated Care Services
- Review and understand the scope of practice in the states where licensed
- Maintain a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual relationships, and professional stature
- Utilize well developed critical thinking and interpersonal skills to problem solve and make knowledgeable recommendations for needed actions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Professional Registered Nurse with an unrestricted active license in Ohio
- 2+ years direct clinical experience preferably in acute care, skilled or rehabilitation clinical setting required
- Certified Case Manager with experience a plus
- Health management experience in business/hospital setting a plus
- Oncology and transplant nursing experience a plus
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Ability to think independently and work as team member
- Outstanding computer skills including Microsoft applications
- All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a background and reference check
Join our Quantum culture which rewards hard work while having fun! Benefits include:
- Earn up to 120 hours (15 days) of Paid Time off each year
- Medical/dental/vision insurance including domestic partner benefits
- 401(k); we match up to 4%
- On-site amenities include fitness facility, pool table, serenity room
- We offer a casual dress environment
- Free beverages, snacks and ALWAYS fresh-popped popcorn
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.