The individual will be accountable for developing a category plan as it relates to the procurement of direct materials and services (Raw Materials, Intermediates, APIs, and Finished Goods). Responsible for developing Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and sourcing plans for direct materials and services. Manages the supplier selection process working collaboratively with a cross-functional team. Experience with contract negotiations and the execution of supply agreements is critical for success in this role. Reviews supplier performance and leads periodic supplier business reviews. Proactively supports the materials management team to ensure continuity of supply. Initiates and/or participates in projects that will drive sustained productivity and operational efficiency. Helps identify new sources of supply and evaluates costs and supplier capabilities. Partners with various Research, Commercial, and Supply Chain contacts to develop forward looking sourcing strategies that enable corporate business objectives and effectively manage total cost of ownership to Aptalis. The individual will also be required to apply best in class Supplier Relationship Management practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Define Direct Material and Services category strategy to support establishing sources of supply, maximizing current and future market conditions, and ensuring continuity of supply through contingency plans
• Partner with R&D, Brand and Supply Chain leaders to develop forward-looking sourcing strategies for direct materials and services
• Lead the strategic sourcing process for direct material sourcing events
• Develop and negotiate performance-based supply agreements and related contracts
• Define and track supplier performance metrics
• Lead periodic business reviews with key suppliers
• Identify new sources and evaluates suppliers’ capabilities
• Support all Research and Development efforts relating to suppliers as required
• Support all product launches as required to ensure supplier-facing deliverables are met
• Interface directly with Finance to fully and accurately document cost savings
• Partner with the Aptalis 3rd Party Manufacturing team to negotiate agreements with Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs)
• Provide external marketplace knowledge of the latest category dynamics, trends and best practices
• Identify, prioritize and drive implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
• Utilize consistent methodologies to pursue deliverables that are aligned with strategic objectives and policies
• Attend work on a regular and predictable basis
• Complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness
• Uphold Company policies, including the Professional Conduct Policy and Prohibition Against Harassment Policy, and the Business Ethics and Conduct Code
• Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree is required; an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
5-7 years of Category Management, Strategic Sourcing and Contract Negotiation experience with direct materials and services in the pharmaceutical industry.
SAP/Purchasing system experience a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to understand direct materials and services category market conditions, key suppliers within those markets, business pipeline and demand, and brand strategies
• Ability to measure and understand all aspects of supplier performance, category savings and areas for continuous improvement
• Understanding of the strategic sourcing process
• Proven results driving direct sourcing savings globally
• Experience negotiating complex contracts, including master service agreements and supply agreements
• Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical plans and manage the change required to execute plans
• Must possess the highest level of work ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to take initiative to complete assignments and job responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Able to prioritize duties and contribute to multiple projects; including projects that are cross-functional and global
• The individual must be able to effectively interface with a variety of people and work well under stressful situations
• Must have excellent executive-level communication skills, including effective business writing and presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must be able to learn tasks in Financial systems (e.g., SAP), Contract Management tools, and Spend Analytics tools with proper training and support
• Fluency in English (written and oral) required; fluency in Italian and/or French a plus