Get new similar jobs by email for
Certified Home Health Aide
CHHA Job Summary:
Provides personal care according to a written plan of care developed by the Case Manager. Assists with light housekeeping, meal preparation and other duties as outlined in the plan of care. Reports patient status and significant changes regularly to the Case Manager. Using Home Care Home Base, documents all patient record information.
Essential Job Expectations and Procedural Responsibilities:
1. Maintains timely and accurate documentation of care in Home Care Home Base per Agency policies.
2. Utilizes the Case Manager as the first resource when problems or questions occur in the field.
3. Demonstrates infection control per OSHA guidelines and Agency policies.
4. Assists with personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, weighing, back rubs, and shampooing
5. Changes bed linens
6. Measures intake and output
7. Assists with ambulation, exercise, and patient transfers
8. Cleans perineal area around catheters
9. Obtains patient temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure
10. Collects stool and urine specimens
11. Maintains a safe environment for the patient, protects the patient from falls.
12. Communicates with the patient
13. Provides good skin care, making observations of the patient’s skin and reporting the results to the Registered Nurse or Therapist
14. Accepts and offers understanding of the emotional needs of the patient
15. Performs additional supportive duties as the Home Health Aide is deemed competent to perform.
16. Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered (as allowed according to state regulations)
17. Reports changes in the client’s condition
18. Provides nutritional support as needed
19. Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification and Tuberculin testing. Remains current on all other mandatory requirements of the Agency.
20. Participates in patient care conferences, mandatory Agency in-services and staff meetings. Must complete a minimum of 12 hrs of in-service time annually to maintain employment.
21. Continuously analyzes work processes and makes suggestions for improvement.
22. Maintains Agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability.
23. Is a team player: recognizing the influence of beliefs and cultures on behaviors and accepting strengths and limitations in others; works toward the resolution of interpersonal conflicts as they arise; attends and contributes during meetings; demonstrates initiative to meet the needs of the Agency by assisting coworkers when workload permits; provides assistance in a courteous manner and treats others with care and respect.
24. Maintains a professional appearance
25. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Minimum one year recent experience as a nurse aide or Home Health Aide preferred.
Has the ability to read, follow written instructions and document care given. Demonstrates tact, patience, and cooperation in fulfilling service obligations. Demonstrates empathy for the needs and care of the ill, frail, injured and the impaired. Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
Continuous sitting, must be able to see, hear, speak and use both hands. Occasionally will stand, walk, bend/stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level, kneel and lift less than 50 pounds.