Each of us has experienced a defining moment. A moment where we gave more to others than we thought possible or in response to a challenging situation, we realized how knowledge and experience truly enables us to achieve success. You experienced a defining moment that influenced you to become a CNA, to care for others to the best of your ability.
At BrightStar Care, we recognize that you sacrifice and work hard to provide the best care for the members of our community. Come work for a company that appreciates the people who work tirelessly to help others in need.
BrightStar Care is a national home health company that specializes in children and adults. Come experience more defining moments with BrightStar Care!
The nursing assistant is a member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. The nursing assistant is responsible for providing care, reporting client condition changes, and completion of documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or Registered Nurse supervisor.
· Provide personal care:
o Grooming, including oral care
o Assist the client with dressing and undressing
o Assist the client with toileting activities
o Assist in feeding the client, if necessary
o Feed clients who are unable to feed themselves
o Take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
o Measure and record height and weight, if necessary.
o Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
o Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
o Provide client with help walking and transferring
· Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions
o Report any change to the Director of Nursing or nursing supervisor
o Document observed changes
o Measure and document intake and output, if necessary
o Assist client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder)
o Perform light housekeeping
o Perform meal preparation and clean up
o Change bed linens and make up the client’s bed
o Maintain an orderly client environment.
o Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
o Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
o Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
o Participates in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care.
o Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards
· Uphold client’s rights
· Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
· Use equipment properly and in a safe manner
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED
· Successful completion of a nursing assistant program
· Certification as a CNA
· Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required.
· Certified in CPR
· Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
· Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organizations requirements.
· Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
· Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
· Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents positive public image.
· Work as a team member
· Ensure client’s medical information confidentiality and security
Disclaimer: This job profile identifies the general duties and minimum level of skills required to perform this job. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned