Get new similar jobs by email for
Licensed Practical Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Concordia Lutheran Ministries is looking for Full Time and Part Time Licensed Practical Nurses on the Afternoon and Midnight shifts in Skilled Nursing and Personal Care.
The Charge Nurse is an LPN who provides quality nursing care to the residents of a particular unit. The Charge Nurse is responsible for the overall nursing care/service on his/her shift, which includes the supervision of other professional and non-professional team members.
Ÿ Dedicated to providing high quality care
Ÿ Caring and compassionate
Ÿ Graduate of an approved school of nursing
Ÿ Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Practical Nurse
Ÿ Demonstration of leadership ability
Ÿ Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Ÿ Works wells with people
1. Administers medications being careful to follow all physician orders, policies/procedures, and
2. Completes accurate, complete, and timely resident assessments, identifies resident needs, and plans, implements and evaluates nursing care
3. Completes accurate, complete, timely, legible documentation
4. Coordinates resident care under the direction of the resident’s physician including calling physicians, implementing physician orders, physician rounds, consults, other services in Concordia’s continuum of care, rewrites
5. Supervises the care provided on the unit including monitoring quality of care, monitoring completion/accuracy of Nurse Aide documentation, coaching, counseling, delegation, coverage for call-offs
6. Provides resident care, treatments and procedures
7. Communicates resident care information proactively and professionally to physicians, residents, families, and other members of the health care team to keep them aware of changes in the resident’s care plan, condition, incidents, needs, and problem resolution
8. Commits to high ethical standards and complies with the Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and Concordia policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee records and information. Has a duty to report compliance concerns, significant legal risk questions, fraud, abuse, suspected or actual misconduct to a supervisor/manager or to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
Ability to speak clearly and effectively with residents, families, coworkers and other groups of
customers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating instructions. Ability to write routine reports, notes and correspondence.
Hearing level or accommodations sufficient to use the telephone and to communicate with residents, families, coworkers and other groups of customers.
Vision level or accommodations sufficient to perform functions to/from/within buildings, rooms, apartments, to complete/review required reports, notes, documentation and to use a computer. Near/far acuity and depth perception are required to operate equipment.
Climbing, balancing, stooping, bending and twisting, grasping and feeling, standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, lifting above the head. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds or move up to 50 pounds independently.
Repetitive motions include writing, typing or entering information on the computer and hand motions that are used to work with the residents.
Temperature range from outside seasonal temperatures to inside temperatures of 65-80 degrees, varying if you work in laundry or kitchen. Each service line has a list of hazardous materials used. May be exposed to blood and body fluids, which may contain HIV and/or HBV. May be exposed to combative residents.