Get new similar jobs by email for
Chemical Control Room Operator
Colorado Salt Products is in need of Chemical Operators for our new state-of-the-art chloro/alkali production facility in Denver, Colorado.
· Monitor recording instruments, flow meters, panel lights and other indicators and listen for warning signals, in order to verify conformity of process conditions.
· Control or operate chemical processes or systems of machines, using panel boards, control boards or semi-automatic equipment.
· Record operating data such as process conditions, test results and instrument readings.
· Confer with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency and product quality.
· Draw samples of products and conduct quality control tests in order to monitor processing and to ensure that standards are met.
· Regulate or shut down equipment during emergency situations, as directed by supervisory personnel.
· Start pumps to wash and rinse reactor vessels to exhaust gases and vapors; to regulate the flow of oil, steam, air and perfume to lowers; and to add products to converter or blending vessels.
· Interpret chemical reactions visible through sight glasses or on television monitors and review laboratory reports for process adjustments.
· Patrol work areas to ensure that solutions in tanks and troughs are not in danger of overflowing.
· One to two years’ experience in a chemical plant or equivalent experience
· Willingness to operate on a rotating shift schedule
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
· Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques and disposal methods.
· Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
· Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property and institutions.
Wages: $15.00/hour to $25.00/hour, depending on experience
· Medical PPO with employer to pay 50% of premium for coverage.
· Dental and vision coverage paid by employer.
· Life insurance & ADD provided by employer
· 8 paid holidays
· Paid Time Off (sick and vacation) accrued incrementally
Pre-employment testing, drug screen and physical exam required.
Relocation assistance is not available.
No third party resumes, please.
Colorado Salt Products is an equal opportunity employer
DX Group, Manufacturers & Distributors of Water Treatment Chemicals & Chemical Products
Since 1946 DX Companies have provided exceptional products and services to a diverse customer base. From the southeast throughout the Gulf Coat and the mountain areas of Colorado, New Mexico and Montana; north to Minnesota and west to Arizona and California, DX is there. A network of companies with over 20 locations conducting business according to the same basic fundamentals which have worked in the past: honesty with the customer, outstanding product quality, best value for the purchasing dollar and a lot of common sense. These are values upon which DX's outstanding success has been built, and by these values the companies' future will be guided.
Colorado Salt Products, LLC
Denver, CO 80239
Relevant Work Experience
1+ to 2 Years