Get new similar jobs by email for
Chief Financial Officer
A Company Where Ideas Meet Industry
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPW) is a global Fortune 500 multi-industry manufacturing leader with over $5 billion in annual revenue, operations in more than 35 countries and over 15,000 employees. The company's highly-specialized, engineered products and innovative technologies are helping to meet rising global demand for electricity and processed foods and beverages, particularly in emerging markets.
SPX Genfare is a leader in providing customized fare solutions to transit agencies of all sizes throughout North America. As a leader in fare collection systems for more than three decades, we focus on delivering solutions that are secure, reliable and highly flexible.
cfo, Elk Grove village, IL
Responsible for directing and managing all financial activities in a manner designed to protect assets, meet reporting requirements, provide timely, meaningful reporting of operations and provide all strategic planning for the financial needs of the group. Manages 5 - 6 subordinates and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
List of key responsibilities
· Review historical reporting practices and identify areas to enhance financial controls, policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate financial statements are prepared to measure and report performance of the businesses.
· Protect corporate assets through the development, implementation and management of sound accounting policies and procedures.
· Ensure that all financial reporting and compliance obligations are fulfilled and communicated to corporate.
· Ensure that adequate systems and controls are in place to support the growth of the business.
· Review existing business operations and identify ways to enhance profitability and improve business processes to increase productivity.
· Oversee all financial aspects of the group to ensure the businesses are in compliance with SEC regulatory compliance issues and Sarbanes-Oxley.
· Ensure compliance with country specific reporting requirements.
· Develop key performance measures for each business unit.
· Assist the regional controllers and business unit managers with analysis of monthly and quarterly results of operations and provide business reasons underlying these results. Identify appropriate deficiencies and provide analysis and recommendations for improvements.
· Ensure that business unit has adequate management controls in place.
· Evaluate each business unit's performance in conjunction with the business unit's senior management and Group headquarters.
· Assisting the business units in analyzing short and long-term investment strategies and providing advice and counsel in evaluating the return of those investments against the overall impact of the organization.
· Act as the driver in the evaluation and implementation of IT initiatives where appropriate.
· Develop along with the President and other members of the management team value-creating strategy to grow the business.
· Design and manage a strategy for communicating key elements of the group's plans to corporate.
· Perform special projects including: due diligence for acquisitions, evaluation and analysis for significant capital expenditures, etc.
· Be a key advisor and confidant to the President providing recommendations and analysis on all major issues.
· Work with the regional CFOs and Controllers to ensure the smooth functioning of the planning, reporting and control systems.
· Will provide financial reporting documents/reports to corporate as required to manage the business.
· Ensure continuing functional effectiveness through hiring, training, developing and motivating a competent, proactive financial group.
· Personally make presentations of financial information to corporate and senior management that is clear, to the point and insightful.
· Demonstrates a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth; draws from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
· Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and responsibilities.
· Actively identifying new ideas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
· Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
· Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
· Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from the achievement and continuous improvement.
· Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
· Creating and executing influence strategies to persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals.
· Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
· Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide the team to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
· Working effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations, or backgrounds; making the most effective use of capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals.
· Securing and comparing information from multiple sources to identify business issues; committing to an action after weighing alternative solutions against important decision criteria.
· Evaluating and selecting internal and external talent to ensure the best match between the individual and the work requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Required Education / Experience
· Master's degree (M. A.)
Preferred Education / Experience
· 8-10 years of related experience and/or training
· Previous experience in manufacturing or assembly environment.
· Ability to interface and understand engineering and operations concepts.
· Project and contract accounting.
· Revenue Recognition exposure a must.
· Understanding of government contracts.
SPX IS AN EOE