B. Thayer Associates is an award winning multi-disciplinary design firm that has been in business in the NY metro area since 1990. The Engineering Department works primarily on large, public sector jobs, both as a prime and a sub-consultant. B. Thayer Associates offers a generous benefits package.
We are presently seeking an ambitious Civil Engineer / Project Manager to join us in our Woodbury, New York office to provide civil engineering leadership and support for the design of buildings, bridges and roads.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will possess the ability to:
- Design construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models
- Prepare engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determine project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
- Prepare feasibility studies by analyzing engineering design and assembling data.
- Prepare engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirm adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Comply with federal, state, and local code requirements.
- Maintain project data base by entering data and completing backups.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- BS in civil engineering
- New York State Professional Engineer License
- Ability to adapt to new computer program software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D
- Excellent communication skills