CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE – CATASTROPHIC
When an accident or disaster strikes, AAA members throughout the Midwest depend on our Claims team for sensitive, efficient and responsive claims handling. We invite you to join our Claims team as we continue to enhance operations to the benefit of our customers. As a result of the expansion of our market territory and the array of high quality services offered to our members, AAA Chicago seeks an experienced Catastrophic Claim Representative for our inside claim unit based in Aurora, Illinois.
Our Claims Reps independently perform detailed and highly complex claims investigations and processing. Provide guidance and technical support to staff members regarding homeowner activities, as well as, assist management with internal control reviews, special projects, external fraud investigations and other related areas specific to claim operations.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Insurance or a related field or Equivalent work experience, a Bachelor’s degree and IIA coursework preferred.
- 3-5 years’ investigative experience in catastrophic property claims
- Obtain Michigan State Adjusters license (or reciprocal state license) within 30-days of hire
- Knowledge of homeowner’s coverage, home policy statues, building construction, property provisions, concepts and principles of property claims and fraud and arson indicators relative to auto/home property and/or bodily injury claims essential.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing, planning, decision-making, analyzing and problem solving are a must.
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively within a work environment and with the public (e.g. police departments, vendors, contractors, attorneys, etc.) are required.
- Strong PC software applications experience is required; knowledge of estimate writing programs is a plus.
- Candidate must be willing and able to work extended hours during times of peak volume.
AAA Chicago offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and much more. If you want to join a team that wants to be the best in the marketplace, please submit you resume to:
Human Resources – Job Code MST ICAT415
975 Meridian Lake Drive
Aurora, Illinois 60504
Fax: 630/ 236-7681
AAA Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer.