The primary function of a Service Tech is to deliver excellent service to customers while representing the Company in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Further the Service Tech is to comply with all DOT, and state regulations as well as all Company safety and compliance policies in regard to the operation of the truck, the weight of the load, hours worked or performing any service or function on behalf of Liquid Environmental Solutions.
- Service Techs must always work in a safe, compliant manner while driving, performing service or in any way working for or representing the Company
- The Service Tech must perform pre and post trip inspections and document the post trip inspection
- Strive constantly for excellence in customer service and to represent the Company in the most positive and professional manner
- Makes all assigned stops or notify dispatch immediately if a stop is skipped for any reason
- Clean all assigned traps to Company specifications
- Service Techs cannot exceed the legal weightload limit under any circumstances
- The Service Tech must maintain a current daily log
- The Service Tech must notify dispatch immediately if their assigned work schedule could cause their respective (Intrastate – Interstate) DOT hours of service to be exceeded.
- The Service Tech must collect, fill out and keep in good order all required paperwork each day
- Coordinates with other Liquid Environmental Solutions departments
- Notifies dispatch of any vehicle accidents, whether or not there is an injury or the damage is minor to equipment, property or other vehicles, including accidental spills
- The Service Tech must notify the manager of any on the job injury, whether or not a visit to a physician is necessary. All injuries must be reported at the time of the event.
- All Service Techs must maintain a good driving record for personal and business driving.
- Service Techs must maintain a current valid Class “A” or Class B” license
- Service Techs must meet all DOT and Company physical and medical requirements
- Service Techs will maintain radio contact and answer radio calls made by dispatch or other management on a timely basis
- Service Techs are to be available for on-call rotation as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Employment Experience and Skills:
· 2+ Years Driving commerical vehicle REQUIRED
Must pass a qualifying background check (up to previous 10 years driving experience checked)
· Must pass DOT drug test
· Must pass skills test (road test)
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Solid skills in operating and driving the truck being assigned
· Good record of dependable service with other employers
·High School Graduation or equivalent preferred
·Driver Training or equivalent experience
· Heavy driving, vibration, noise may exceed 80 dBA
· Traffic stress
· A schedule to meet (daily starting times may vary depending on customer needs)
· Varied weather working in hot, cold and wet conditions
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer