Get new similar jobs by email for
Client Analyst-Investment Cons...
Client Analyst- Investment Consulting
The primary responsibility of theClient Analyst is to be involved in all quantitative and qualitative aspects of the client relationship. This high profile position is integral to the success of the client relationship. The Client Analyst must understand, demonstrate knowledge, and apply investment concepts and principles to a broad spectrum of client portfolios.
As the primary contact for clients, the Client Analyst handles the day-to-day client requests while coordinating with various departments to complete deliverables. The Client Analyst works closely with the Firm’s consultants to meet the needs of clients. Additional responsibilities include progressive presentations to clients on specific areas of their investment program. Candidates who have prior experience presenting to clients are strongly preferred. Initially, interactions with clients are via phone and electronic, over time the right candidate will have the opportunity to meet with and eventually present to clients.
• Conduct analyses, prepare materials, and present recommendations to the firm’s senior consultants and to clients
• Communicate effectivelyand clearly based on a thorough understanding of client needs
• Maintain relationships with existing clients and present investment strategies via phone and electronically with opportunities to progress to in person meetings
• Demonstrate in depth knowledge of the roles traditional and alternative asset classes serve in a diversified portfolio
• Complete deliverables including monthly and quarterly client performance reports and ad hoc reports as required by clients or the firms consultants
• Draft and maintain Investment Policy Statements (IPS) for clients
• In depth analysis of client exposures including but not limited to: IPS adherence, geography, liquidity, capitalization, and fees
• Prepare rebalance recommendations as needed based on IPS targets and spending requirements
• Facilitate capital activity paperwork across managers and custodians to ensure efficient and timely movement of monies
• Responsible for Portfolio Analysis: mean variance asset allocation modeling, historical stress tests, stochastic spending forecasts, total portfolio and manager attribution
• Ability to write qualitative commentary based on the aggregate client portfolio and individual manager positions
• Work in a team environment with junior analysts and senior investment professionals
• Exercises discretion and sound independent judgment on client related matters
• Coordinate and collaborate with all of the Firm’s resources/personnel in fulfilling client needs
• Bachelors degree in Finance or business related field; MBA degree and/or CFA designation (or progress toward these credentials) required
• Prior experience/involvement in client presentations and relationship management
• Minimum of 7 yearsprogressive investment industry experience including client interaction
• In depth knowledge of the structure, liquidity, and appropriateness of various investment vehicles
• Experience with investment performance measurement and accounting
• Attention to detail, strict adherence to deadlines, and advanced problem-solving skills
• Must be a team player with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced Excel skills, specifically the ability to generate custom models, and experience with Microsoft Office products
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Willingness to assume additional responsibility outside of normal job function
• Ability to travel within the U.S. is required
• After an initial orientation period in the Portsmouth headquarters, this position may be based in Portsmouth or Boston
Interested candidates should forward their resumes or CVs to email@example.com
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, and tuition reimbursement.
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
Prime, Buchholz & Associates, Inc.